Monday, February 28, 2011

Crafty??

Lately I'm obsessed with reading these blogs filled with crafts, home reno projects, and cupcakes.  I find all of it so appealing... but alas... these types of things are not my strong points.  I wish they were.  I wish I had the patience to sew, or scrapbook, or edit amazing photos.  I usually shy away from Relief Society craft projects... mostly because mine NEVER looks like the sample.  NEVER!

But, I have come to the realization over the years that I have my own sense of "craftiness" or creativity.  Having spent many years as a small business owner, I grew to LOVE small business. I love the science of it.  I'm fascinated by it.  I'm also fascinated with teaching... and helping others learn new strategies and concepts.  I guess its okay if I don't know how to hang wallpaper... I know how to create an effective small business.  I can walk into a business and within seconds tell you if it's working...or not. 

I love that I can help people apply new concepts to their businesses (often at very little expense), and that those concepts can have far-reaching personal and finacial rewards.  I love that I can help a small business owner who feels "stuck", get excited again about their business.  I love that.

I believe we all have natural gifts and abilities.  We are destined to create things.  Even though I'm not so crafty-  I love what I create!!

A great quote by Elder Uchtdorf...

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.



Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.


Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty—and I am not talking about the process of cleaning the rooms of your teenage children.


You might say, “I’m not the creative type. When I sing, I’m always half a tone above or below the note. I cannot draw a line without a ruler. And the only practical use for my homemade bread is as a paperweight or as a doorstop.”


If that is how you feel, think again, and remember that you are spirit daughters of the most creative Being in the universe. Isn’t it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God?"

Let's take the talents we've been given and use them to create great things!



Shauna
http://www.mysmallbusinesscoach.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment